Similar edges but notice the vast difference in the finishing?
Another where the seaming is blah.
Now, you get the picture. The finishing usually makes or break the FO!
If you are looking for a knitting/crochet enabler, you should try to do the following:
1. Ask to see their samples of work to get an idea of what you'll be learning. (ask if she knits them, don't *just* assume she does.)
2. Observe how she teaches or interacts with her students -- does her personality shine and would you like to interact with her?
3. Is she patient and willing to repeat the motions or instructions where necessary?
4. Is she willing to share her experiences and show you how to *think* and not follow patterns blindly?
5. Is she able to articulate the techniques and adapt to suit the students' learning styles?
6. Is she willing to help you alter a pattern so that it fits and flatters your body?
Afterall, as I always say,"If you are going to put so much time and effort in it, you might as well attempt to do it the best you can with the best guidance available."
Now, here's the test piece....
There's a seam in this piece. Can you tell me where it is?Sharing is sexy